[Dune-devel] [GSoC2013]

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Sun Apr 14 19:49:03 CEST 2013

Hi Tilak,

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 03:23:20PM +0530, Tilak Raj Singh wrote:
> Sir,
>
> This in in regard to the Inserters project.I have been through the
> bcrsmatrix.hh file throughly and some other documentation too of the files
> related to it. I tried to find some bugs on this topic on the bugtracker at
> Dune Numerics regarding this file to check my understanding of the code.
> Did find one about not able to access undefined indexes but the person
> posting the bug has posted the .diff file too for the code he seems
> right.
> I went through it and it seems right to me too.

Did you just look at it or did you really test it?

> I wished to ask whether I
> am on the right track regarding this project and what should I do next to
> improve my skills.

That would pretty much depend on the skills that your already have,
wouldn't it.
If you feel confident and you do not have any specific questions, then
you are fine. I will add a section about applying to GSoc on the
getting started page next week.

> P.S. Last time you asked me to mention my name in mail header. Is this
> format fine???

Yes that is fine. I just want to see at once (i.e. whitout scrolling)
who sends me emails.

BTW: There is no need to address me as sir. Markus or more general
"DUNE developers", or just Hi is perfectly OK.

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658