[Dune-devel] Update on GSoC DUNE psurface work

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Jul 9 15:24:19 CEST 2013

Hi,

Please try to directly replay to messages next time and use proper
quoting. The way you answered it is really hard to see, what part was
from you and what from Oliver.

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 08:48:27AM -0400, Xiaoxue Gong wrote:

> I have some trouble in clone the git code from /
> gitorious.org/psurface/psurface.git. makedist.sh is missing in the code
> downloaded. The version I am using the psurface code from the DUNE
> website.

I think Oliver changed the way the build system works and removed this file.
Please read the INSTALL file to find more information. Using the
instructions there it builds for me.

> I am sorry for the my late reply.

Don't be. But you should communicate more and be more precise.

There will be more problems to come and shying away won't help.  It is
normal to have problems and we actually assume this. The art to learn
is how to solve them.

If you have a problem, think about it for while and try to solve
it. But if cannot a find a way to resolve it you should contact
people for advice.

If you write a response after one week, there is the danger that we
will assume the problem arose shortly before sending the email. If
people assumed that progress should have been made in the meantime, they will
wonder what you were working on unless you tell them.

Cheers,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658