[dune-pdelab] PDELab has switched to Git

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Dec 17 12:12:56 CET 2012

Hi Markus,

Am 17.12.2012 um 10:57 schrieb Markus Blatt:

> Hi,
>
> thanks a lot for all the work. This will ease development a lot.
>
> Just a few questions:
>
> - Why do we not use https instead of http? Don't we send unencrypted passwords over
>  the internet this way?

As Olaf already said, that's a problem with the configuration of conan. We'll have to get
a new certificate for dune-pdelab.org to resolve that problem.

> - Why does the URL
> http://git.dune-project.org/repositories/dune-pdelab in your mail as
> for a password? (Again without https encryption).

You cannot look at the git repository using a browser like in SVN (The Git protocol is not
really HTTP-based). The only URLs git requires to be anonymously accessible for read-only
repository access are

http://git.dune-project.org/repositories/dune-pdelab/info/refs?service=git-send-pack
http://git.dune-project.org/repositories/dune-pdelab/git-send-pack

 If you want to browse the repo, use

http://cgit.dune-project.org/repositories/dune-pdelab/

instead.

Steffen

> I would very much appreciated a secure way (https) for passsword
> authentification. Do you think doing this is feasible?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Markus
> --
> Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?
>
> Dr. Markus Blatt - HPC-Simulation-Software & Services http://www.dr-blatt.de
> Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
> Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658

Steffen Müthing
Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Parallele und Verteilte Systeme
Universitätsstr. 38
70569 Stuttgart
Tel: +49 711 685 88429
Fax: +49 711 685 88340