[dune-pdelab] Installing Dune

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed Aug 27 12:29:18 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 11:41:14AM +0200, Markus Blatt wrote:

> I guess you are right. It somehow seems like shared_ptr test does not
> run through. It tests for
>
> It checks for shared pointer in the std namespace and the result is
> neither yes or no (for whatever reason), and then the rest of the m4
> file seems to be magically skipped:

It is not magic, it is just programmed that way: There is a break
statement depending on the result of the first compile test. If the test is
successful the the break is reached and the enclosed for-loop that
sets the header file is never evaluated.

The first compile test only includes the string header and tests,
whether a shared_ptr of string is usable. Therefore if the string
implementation includes the correct header for shared_ptr it succeeds
and the header file variable will never be set.

Very fragile. Fixing this just for the release seems too much work for
me, at least if my workaround is sufficient. I would leave this as a
no-fix.

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858