[dune-pdelab] VTKWriter for DG method

Dmitry Mazilkin dmm16 at tu-clausthal.de
Fri Jun 4 09:49:07 CEST 2021

Hi Amir,

I'm using in DG the following:

using UDGF = Dune::PDELab::DiscreteGridFunction<GFS,U>;
UDGF udgf( gfs, u );

refinement=std::max(dg_degree-1,0);

Dune::SubsamplingVTKWriter<GridView> vtkwriter( gridview,
Dune::refinementLevels(refinement));

vtkwriter.addVertexData(std::make_shared<Dune::PDELab::VTKGridFunctionAdapter<UDGF>>(udgf,"u"));

In your case, I'd expect to do the same for each component.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

On 04.06.21 09:18, Amir Peiraviminaei wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm using composite grid function space with 7 scalar components. Also
> DG method is used for discretization of the PDEs. How can one write the
> solutions with vtkwriter to see the discontinuity in the solutions?
> Best regards
> Amir

Dmitry Mazilkin
Institut für Mathematik, Raum 314