[Dune] 1.0beta1

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Sun Dec 31 02:47:53 CET 2006

Dear all,

> every second day. The website is prepared and I will provide tar balls
> by 1.1.2007.

While creating the tar balls I realized that the dune-grid-howoto is
62M big. I consider this too big!

I would suggest to either
 - remove all *.eps files that are generated from a jpg and add
   appropriate build rules. This would add problems for people without
   a supported conversion program.
or
 - to ship only the generated pdf file. All eps files would sty in the
   repository, but the tar ball would be a lot smaller, because only
   the final pdf file would be included.

I think the second option would be nicer, because everybody could
start with the pdf file. In case someone does not have suitable
programs, he could not start the tutorial and he could not read the
tutorial to find out what he did wrong.

What are your optinions?

Cheers Christian