[Dune] private discussions

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Tue Nov 28 09:40:40 CET 2006

Dear all,

we in Stuttgart/Heidelberg consider the mailinglist an important part
of the dune infrastructure.

* The list allows all developers to participate in the
  discussions. Giving all different points of view a platform allows
  us to get a deeper understanding of the problem and then find a
  better solution.
* The list allows new developers and ourselves to reproduce how former
  design decisions evolved.
* The list functions as a kind of FAQ. Frequently arising problems can
  be handled by the user himself, because he can find the fix on the
  list.

Because of these points, we want to encourage everybody to make use of
the dune mailinglist. We further ask all developers not to start
private discussions, if this topic might be of interest for other
and/or future dune developers. And we ask that mails, which are
received privately, but should be publicly discussed are not answered,
but are forwarded/bounced to the list, so that everybody can take part
in this discussion.

Greetings from Stuttgart
  Markus, Olaf, Sreejith, Stefan, Christian