[Dune] dune building: Making in quadraturerules taking lot of time

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Sep 15 10:33:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 03:37:55PM +0200, Sreejith Pulloor Kuttanikkad wrote:

> when i try to build dune,
> at the folloing point when it doing make in quadraturerules, it takes around
> half an hour or more to complete the making there ( 30 mts or more just to make
> in quadraturerule directory ..) any idea?

I have no idea why that is.

Actually I had problems compiling DUNE on helics with icc-9.1 . It
took so long compiling (I think cube.o) that I killed it and blamed
icc. With icc-9.0 I worked in reasonable time.

Probably we should investigate this. Just one more question: With what
options did you compile.

If you did it with optimization, maybe you could try whether the
problem persists with -O0, too

Markus
--
DUNE -- The Distributed And Unified Numerics Environment
<http://www.dune-project.org>