[Dune] Commits to the repository.

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Aug 1 09:57:11 CEST 2008

Hello Dune developers and all people that have write access to the
svn-repository,

I thought we all had agreed that only changes that compile are committed
  to the repository.

Now, apparently, this has not been the case, not even all senior
developers are able to guarantee this.

I strongly recommend that every change that is made to the existing code
is checked at least with the existing test implementations.
If no test implementation is available then the change is either not
made or tested with some other code that then is added as a test
implementation.

I request a vote of the Dune developers on that point.

Best regards

Robert

--

   Robert Klöfkorn           <robertk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

   Mathematisches Institut              Tel: +49 (0) 761 203 5631
   Abt. für Angewandte Mathematik       Fax: +49 (0) 761 203 5632
   Universität Freiburg
   Hermann-Herder-Str. 10
   79104 Freiburg

   http://www.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/IAM/homepages/robertk