[Dune] Dune-Meeting

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 18 14:21:30 CET 2009

Dear all,
we have some more information regarding the dune-meeting on Monday 23. November.

We will start at 9:00 and end at 18:00 (?).
The meeting will take place at the

	Freie Universität Berlin
	Insitute for Mathematics
	Arnimallee 6
	14195 Berlin

	Room 108/109

We have tried to group the various suggestions to several large and
small topics (see below). After the meeting we plan to eat and have
some drinks at the 'Luise' near the institute.

Those arriving on sunday are invited to join us at the 'Slumberland'
for drinks. We'll be there from 20:00. It's located at the

	Goltzstr. 24
	Berlin Schöneberg
	Next subway station is Nollendorfplatz
	Follow the Maaßenstr until Winterfeldplatz

We see you all in Berlin next week.

Best regards
Oliver & Carsten

Our list of topics:

## Major Topic

* dune-localfunctions
  virtual interface
  naming convention/directory structure
  remove Barton-Nackman
  docu
  When to publish ?

* Boundary/GridFactory
  boundary IDs/indices
  index translation for coarse grid creation
  BoundarySegment vs. BoundaryProjection
  creation of boundary descriptions

* Generalized Entity types (Geometry Types, Reference Elements, ...)
  Sintef, FS #449

## Medium Topics

* Release plan
  automated testing

* Use of Barton-Nackman

* Extension of grid interface
  node->element relation
  EntityKeys
  Random entity access
  Richer interface for codim>0 entities

* Semantics of
  Ghost_Partitition
  IDs
  GridViews (Do they stay valid after refinement?

* computing twists
  Why not use orientation given by node IDs ?

* strategies for changes to core modules

* Use of tr1 c++0x stuff
  dune::array

## Minor Topics

* Organize dune-grid-dev-howto meeting

* Who maintains YaspGrid and SGrid

Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser