[Dune] GenericReferenceElement::global

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 18 21:09:18 CET 2009

Dear all,
I'm a little confused about GenericReferenceElement. There are two
global() methods. Both take the codim as template argument. One also
takes an additional int c as argument. The only difference is that
the second one checks if c==codim. Is there any need for this method ?

My second questions is how to check whether a point in the reference
element is contained in a subentity. checkInside() uses local coordinated
wrt the subentity. These could perhaps by obtained using the local()
method of the HybridMapping obtained by mapping().
However there are no local coordinates if the point is not contained
in at least the span of the subentity. The semantics of local() in this
case is unclear. (Unfortunately there is no doc for HybridMapping.)

Any ideas how to check this ?

Regards
Carsten
Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser