[Dune] Debian packages for UG successfully built

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 29 18:40:31 CEST 2010

Dear Dune!
I have managed to built Debian packages for UG.  Installing
UG on a Debian/Ubuntu machine is now as simple as

sudo dpkg -i libug0_3.9.1-1_i386.deb libug-dev_3.9.1-1_i386.deb

Thanks go to Jö for some help with the UG build system.

The packages raise a question: what do we do with them?  As
the current license prohibits redistribution, we cannot put the
packages up for download.  On the other hand, I would like
to be able to make the packages available for those who do
have a license, because package installation is just so much
simpler.

Does anybody have a suggestion on what do to in this situation?
I would also be interested in the opinion of the people in FFM.

best,

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *