[Dune] Initial work on Debian packaging

Rene Milk rene.milk at uni-muenster.de
Thu May 27 14:23:03 CEST 2010

Dear DUNE,

I created a "DUNE developers" group on launchpad[1] and did get the
dune-common packages to build in its personal package archive(ppa,[2]).
The only real modification necessary to Oliver's debianization was
changing the distroseries in changelog to "lucid" (current ubuntu).
I did add building of a seperate -dbg package that should retain the
unstripped versions of the installed libs if the default install does
strip symbols (not sure, didn't check).
I also renamed dune-common1 to dune-common. Oliver, is there a reason
for the '1' I didn't see?
Patches reflecting my changes are attached. They're generated from
git-svn import of the original repo though, so usefulness is somewhat
doubtful. You can get the full repo by doing
$ git clone git://dune-project.uni-muenster.de/rene.milk/dune-debian

If anyone is interested on using the launchpadd ppa for testing package
builds, you'll need a launchpad account, request membership[3] in the
"DUNE developers" group and I will have to sign off on that (the group
is currently moderated).

[1] https://launchpad.net/~dune-devs
[2] https://launchpad.net/~dune-devs/+archive/dune/+packages
[3] https://launchpad.net/~dune-devs/+join
 Rene Milk
 Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster
 Institut fuer Numerische und Angewandte Mathematik
 Orleans-Ring 10, R. 120.212
 48149 Muenster               Tel. +49 251 83-35131
 Germany