[Dune] Dune on Windows MinGW

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed May 4 16:14:56 CEST 2011

Static functions shouldn't be a performance problem with regard to built-in types,
at least with gcc. Since version 4.3, gcc is capable of evaluating most constant expressions
at compile time (see http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/changes.html, General Optimizer Improvements).
The list of supported math functions given there is quite extensive...

As for non-standard types like GMP, I think you will want to specialize for those anyway
as you might have to return a const reference in order to avoid a costly copy constructor
(as far as I know, GMP doesn't do copy-on-write).

Steffen