[Dune] New SSL certificate for dune-project.org

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed Aug 14 11:56:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:38:23AM +0200, Steffen Müthing wrote:
> we finally have a working SSL setup on our server (a combination of fixing the configuration and getting a
> certificate signed by a well-known authority), so now you can use most of our services over HTTPS as well as
> HTTP.

Great! Thanks a lot.

> There is one exception: The Git repositories are only available over HTTPS for authenticated access, i.e. for
> developers. We added this restriction to keep the server load down, and since there is nothing sensitive being
> transferred during anonymous Git access, it seems like a good tradeoff to us.
> On the other hand, if you are a developer with access rights, feel free to adjust your remote URLs to https. :-)

I fear I do not comprehend this. Does it mean I have to change the
URLs for HTTP authentication or is the authentication done via HTTPS
automaticaly?

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658