[Dune] Parallel Computation: ISTLBackend requests ParMETIS and SuperLU

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Jun 25 21:50:55 CEST 2014

Hi Lukas,

> Since I did not know better, I also but the SuperLU_DIST
>header files into this folder.

Be careful, until now you only have talked about SuperLU,
not about SuperLU_DIST. These are different and currently
Dune does not offer support for SuperLU_DIST.
All I know is that there is a m4 test to detect it, and as
far as I know only the Swiss guys around Benedikt use it.
There is no general support.

>For OpenMPI I also need SuperLU_DIST (right?).

That would be SuperLU_MT, yet another unsupported library.

Currently there is no Dune support for parallel direct solver.
All we have is SuperLU and UMFPack / libsparse and both are
sequential.

Bye
Christoph

--
Das Kommt darauf an, in welchen Zeiträumen du
rechnest. Für Geologen: ja, in naher Zukunft