[Dune-devel] YaspGrid + git svn

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Nov 13 10:28:20 CET 2012

Hi Oli,

yes, I had that happen to me (for a different reason, one of the commits was rejected by a SVN
commit hook in PDELab) - git svn just gives up and leaves a mess.

You'll first have to get your branch back to where it was before starting the dcommit - the reflog
can help you there. "git reflog <branchname>" shows you all the commits your branch has recently
pointed to. Just look for the log message of the last commit you made before running the dcommit,
take the sha1 (or the <branchname>@{…} bit) and run "git reset --hard <sha1 or that other thing>". That
resets *everything* to that revision - your branch, the index and the working tree - and will thus
destroy any changes that were not committed before the dcommit, but normally your working directory
should be clean anyway before running the dcommit.
Now when you run "git svn rebase", git should pick up the commits already in svn and leave you with
only the uncommitted changes on top of those, and you can run "git svn dcommit" again.

Hope that helps,

Steffen