[Dune-devel] TikZ figures for dune-grid-howto

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Thu Oct 25 13:55:15 CEST 2012

Am 25.10.2012 13:43, schrieb Christoph GrĂ¼ninger:
> Hi Oliver,
> using SVG for all figures instead of xfig would be an improvement, but
> it remains a workaround.
> I think like Carsten, it is nice to have everything done in one run. But
Which does not mean that one can not use xfig, SVG, ... .

Although xfig is nice, using SVG seems to be the better solution
since because its a well accepted standard with good tools for
editing it. I only meant, that I'd prefer embedded tex-code
if this is possible with SVG. If not: just let inkscape do the job.

Regarding the use of tikz:
It's perhaps easier to maintain SVG than having to learn tikz.
Others may know/like metapost or asyptote better, just like you,
Christoph, dislike xfig.

Best,
Carsten