[Dune-devel] TikZ figures for dune-grid-howto

Nicolas Schwenck nicolas.schwenck at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Oct 26 14:02:53 CEST 2012

On 10/26/2012 01:36 PM, Oliver Sander wrote:
> Am 26.10.2012 13:31, schrieb Nicolas Schwenck:
>> Dear DUNE,
>>> Yes.  Inkscape calls LaTeX every time you type in a new formula.
>>> The formula becomes an actual drawing, i.e., a filled boundary curve.
>>> That means that you can treat it with all editing capabilities that
>>> Inkscape
>>> offers.  But it also means that you cannot edit the source code
>>> anymore.
>>> If you want to correct a type you have to reenter the formula.
>> In the version I use it is actually possible to edit a latex formula
>> in a stored svg with the inkscape plugin.
>>
> Hi Nicolas,
> that is interesting.  What version is that?  How do you do it?
I use inkscape version 0.48. To create a rendered latex formula I open
Extensions->Tex Text to type the formula and to edit it again I select
the rendered figure and open it again with Extensions->Tex Text. I then
see the plain latex code.

Best,
Nicolas

Dipl.-Ing. Nicolas Schwenck

University of Stuttgart
Department of Hydromechanics and Modelling of Hydrosystems

Pfaffenwaldring 61                           phone: +49 711 685 64736
GER-70569 Stuttgart                          fax:   +49 711 685 60430

             email: nicolas.schwenck at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
                 url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de