[Dune-devel] [GSoC2013]

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed Apr 10 08:55:46 CEST 2013

Hi Andreii,

thanks a lot for interest in one of our GSoc projects.

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 07:39:37PM +0300, Андрей Андриец wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam
> I plan to participate in GSoC'13, and would like to start off with
> this project. I liked Implement Inserter Concept for DUNE's (Sparse)
> Matrices idea.
> If I understood correctly. I must use the implemented
> algorithms(http://www.simunova.com/system/files/mtl4_fenics.pdf)for
> writing "inserter".

Yes that is the one. We have sparse block matrices in dune-istl
(e.g. BCRSMatrix). Your aim is to implement an inserter for these that
also works for dense matrices.

> Could you give me more information about this idea and the proposal
> (patterns of writing, the main points). Thanck you very much in
> advance.

My first advice is to read
http://www.dune-project.org/gsoc/getstarted.html .
Additionally, you should research the various matrix types available
with DUNE, and look into the code.
Check whether the concept is extendable to block recursive matrices
(e.g. BCRSMatrix<BCRSMatrix>).
Start implementing.

There is really not that much more information that I can give at this
moment. But I am sure further questions will arise while you are
working at your tasks.

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658