[Dune-devel] Expressing My Interest for GSOC'13 DUNE Project Idea: Add Thread Support to Parallel Index Sets

Rahul Agrawal rahul16agrawal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 01:51:30 CEST 2013

Hello Mr. Markus Blatt,

My name is Rahul Agrawal. I am a pre-final year student (currently in my
6th semester) pursuing Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Mathematics and
Computing at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India. I am writing
to you to express my interest for the proposed GSOC'13 Project Idea: *Add
Thread Support to Parallel Index Sets.*

*Giving you a glimpse of my skills or experience which could be helpful in
this project:-* I am working in the field of high Performance Computing,
Parallel Programming and Scientific Computing and wanted to take it as my
further studies and research. I have worked on problems related to Dense
and Sparse Matrix Solvers, Searching and Sorting, Berkeley Seven Dwarfs
model etc. for large domains. I am also familiar with parallel programming
aspects related to Image processing, Lattice Boltzmann methods, Molecular
dynamics and Bioinformatics.

I am well acquainted with parallel programming APIs like OpenMP, POSIX and
MPI Model. I also hold a fair knowledge of Boost which extends the
functionality of my C++ Programming skills. Currently, I am involved in
setting up a High Performance Cluster using dual-core single processor
computers of my department.*

**Reason behind participating in GSOC and choosing this project idea:
1. *Since I don't have any experience of working for an open source
project, I want to be a part of this Open Source Platform and want to
contribute to it.
*2. *This project involves such elements which has always been my prime
search interest.
*3. *I believe that I would be able to contribute to this project in a
constructive manner.

I am writing this email solely for the purpose of getting in touch with you
and express my interest for the project idea. I would like you to advice me
how I should start working with this idea? Hoping for a positive response.

Rahul Agrawal
  Mathematics and Computing
Undergraduate, Pre-Final Year
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati