[Dune-devel] Regarding GSoC 2013

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed Apr 17 11:06:56 CEST 2013

Hi Elena,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:45:24PM +0200, Elena Petrevska wrote:
> So first of all, what I tried to do is to create some Makefiles inside the
> autobuild and somehow try to check how it works. It was unsuccessfully. The
> next time, I tried something different. Instead of trying to create new, I
> used the Makefiles in all dune- * module, which I previously copied to my
> pc, and run all tried all the tests you mention in one of the previous
> mails. Most of them passed, but sometimes it gave information that "a test
> was not run". From there, and from the presentation in the
> dune-autobuild/doc/overview (= the presentation I previously found in the
> "Publications and Talks") I could understand that actually every module has
> its own tests, separate from the others, which I found very practical and
> organized. So the user , using "*make <check, sourcescheck, ...>*" actually
> accesses the tests, whereas the dune-autobuild is the repository where the
> Build Clients input the tests to the Build server, so that the user can use
> it alone on her/his own desire. Thus, the user can run whichever test he
> wants and all the logs are saved on the pc, along the tests themselves.
>
> Maybe I missed something, maybe I said something incorrect, but by writing
> this down in short what how I understood the concept of working, I would
> really like to insure my that I completely understood how dune, together
> with the dune tests, functions.

Yes, got the picture right. All tests are within the dune-modules and
can be run by the inidividual developers/users. Currently there are no
performance tests.

In my opinion, Christian's might differ in this regard, the
dune-autobuild is merely a hopefully interchangable tool for running
them in an automated fashion and providing some kind of reports. Other
projects use e.g. buildbot, jenkings, etc for this purpose.

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658