[Dune-devel] Updates on the PSurface project

Xiaoxue Gong xiaoxue198912 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 19:02:22 CEST 2013

Last week I modified the vtu and hdf5 io code according to Markus'  guide
to make it  looks better:
1. Changed the method and class names according to Camel-case  to adhere to
dune guidelines.
2. Remove all the indent and trailing white space in the code.
3. Put all the functions that deals with io into one class(vtkPWriter).
4.Extend the template parameters of vtkPWriter. It could only deal with 2
dimensional psurface and float. Not it support 1 dimensional psurface, and
the float.
5. Use command line parameters to get the input filename.
The modified code have been pushed to git://
gitorious.org/gcos/psurface-convert.git

Issues that I have not solved includes:
+ Moving headers
"Some your headers seem to be usable by other programs. E.g. one might want
to read xmf files in one's own applications. This headers should be under
dune and be installed, the cpp file should become part of a library. You
can see how this is done in dune-common/dune/common. "
+The include path issue
  What is up with the weired AC_ARG_WITH clauses in configure.ac? I do not
   think that they are needed and doubt that they serve their intended
   purpose.
+Please try to document your code along (or even before) writing it
   using the doxygen syntax. Most developers (me, too) are not
   disciplined enough to document their code after writing it. In the
   rare occasion the we are and that there is time left, we are often
   having a hard time understanding it ourselves (which is a shame and
   waste of time). I would recommend documenting it properly _now_.

I will address these issues in the next week  and then move to task #2:
"start with input from a gmsh file and construct a PSurface object from a
given domain surface."
In order to to that I need a gmsh file to start with. Maybe I should first
write functions that can write PSurface object into gmsh file.  The file
should contain all information I need to build psurface.

Best,
Xiaoxue