[Dune-devel] weekly update in psurface convert

Xiaoxue Gong xiaoxue198912 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 18:40:48 CEST 2013

Hi,
Last week I was working on
1)Recompile psurface to solve the undefined reference problem with guide of
Markus. I have compiling problem for long time. Sometimes things works and
sometimes it don't. It feels so good to get rid of it.

2) Debug hdf5 psurface reader to make it work.

3)  Test hdf5 writer and reader following Oliver's idea.
The psurface reader and writer is tested following the step:
1.Read psurface from amiramesh and then write it to hdf5 file.
2.Read psurface from hdf5 file and write it to amiramesh file(call it
hdf5.am);
3 Read psurface from amiramesh and write it to amiramesh file(call it
amira.am);
4 compare if amira.am and hdf5.am are the same.
I compared this two files use kdiff3 commend. All other data section are
the same except for ParameterEdges section. The ParameterEdges arrays in
hdf5.am have same elements with amira.am, but some of them are in different
order.

4)Oliver gave me several  complex psuface example. These example are used
to test if hdf5 writer could deal with complex case. After some bugs are
corrected, the psurface reader could write hdf5 file that can be read by
paraview.
You can see how psurface is displayed in paraview the picture in
attachment.

5)Move hdfIO.h and hdftest.c from dune project folder to psurface folder.
The code have been pushed to
https://git.gitorious.org/~xiaoxueiris/psurface/psurface_convert.git.
Oliver asked me to simply the code so the output hdf5 only contains
necessary information( to construct psurface object). The simplification
code is included in hdf5IO_simple.h and hdf5test_simple.h

My plan for next week is:
1)  Move vtkwriter to psurface folder.
2) Read up on the getopt C library function and learn parse command line
options.
3) Learn the autoTools.
4) Work on gmsh psurface read and writer.

For 1), since I was using the code written by Christoph in dune-grid, I
need to add lots of files from both dune-grid and dune-common to psurface.
I am not sure if adding all these files are ok or not.

Best,
Xiaoxue