[Dune-devel] tests with return code 77

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Dec 4 14:34:25 CET 2013

Hi,
return code 77 indicates that the test was skipped [1], not an expected
failure. To my knowledge there is no other way to indicate with automake
that a test is skipped.
I think this is a necessary feature because it is a hint of a not
sufficient configuration. I run make check before most of my commits and
if tests are skipped, I think whether I have to re-run make check or
whether it should not matter.

[1]
https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Scripts_002dbased-Testsuites.html

--
Une science n'était vraiment développée que quand elle
pouvait utiliser les mathématiques.    (Paul Lafargue)