[Dune-devel] Google summer of code 2013

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Feb 19 12:35:49 CET 2013

Hi fellow developers,

in recent years we always missed the google summer code
announcements. Not this year.

The announcement of Google Summer of Code 2013 is out
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013.
Mentoring organizations can sbmit applications March 18-29.

How about DUNE (or any organization working on it) being a mentoring
organization in this years summer of code? This would mean that we
need to have at least 2 administrators and of course mentors for the
students that code for us. Last but not least we need some student
project proposals that fit into the timeline (and probably are not too
specialized).

I would volunteer as an administrator and/or mentor.

Maybe we can collect some ideas about gsoc over the next 2 weeks and
then, enough interest provided, start on an application as mentoring
organization (whatever that would be in our case).

Cheers,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658