[Dune-devel] [Gsoc] Progress

Oliver Sander sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jul 19 18:39:45 CEST 2013

Hi Iris,
I happened to notice that you blogged about your recent work on psurface.

As not every Dune developer reads your blog on a regular basis let me
please point out again that you should report regularly on your progress
_on the dune-devel list_.  I think a mail at least about once a week
would be appropriate.

I had a brief look at your code on gitorious.  It is great to see that
you are moving forward, but there were also a few things that I didn't
understand, e.g.,
- there are new files that are identical, e.g. ReadPSurface.h and psurface_convert.h
- You copied third-party code into the repository.  Even though that code's
   license appears to allow this I do not want this to happen without my
   explicit consent.
- psurface_convert.cc does not contain a 'main' method.  How am I supposed
   to call it?
- psurface_convert.h uses the preprocessor to define integral constants.
   Please use enums instead.
- Your entire code is written in C style, i.e., lots of separate methods,
   and no classes.  Since psurface is a C++ code I would prefer a more
   C++-like  style for your contribution.

cheers,