[Dune-devel] Updates on psurface convert

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Fri Jul 26 20:44:26 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 01:58:15PM -0400, Xiaoxue Gong wrote:
> It is not only a c++ version of the previous code. I have made use of some
> vtu writer classes defined in  dune-grid/dune-grid/io/file/vtk. So I have
> to include the dune-grid liabrary.

Ok. But then you should at least only checkin stuff that is
needed. One should never ever check libraries. I see a libpsurface.so
in your repository. This will not work. PSurface is availabel to the
buildsystem in the variable LIBPSURFACE_CFLAGS (contains the include path)
LIBPSURFACE_LIBS (contains the libraries. See the buildsystem howto on
how to use them.

Given that you based your code on 2.1.1 I would propose the following
procedure.

After you have download the git-master of dune-common and dune-grid,
you create a new module using duneproject. Before adding or changing
anything in the module you create a new repository and push the
current status. Then you remove the new module and check it out from
the repository and build it. All newly created files (listed by git
status) should be marked as ignorable to git (that is be listed in a
file .gitignore in the top level source directory of the module, see
e.g. dune-common).

Now you can add the source files from your bogus repository to the new
module and make it compile again. If it does commit and
push. Additional check that everything works for you with a newly
checkout version of your module.

Then make your module even cleaner by removing the
dune_psurface_convert.cc file and adjust the buildsystem. As it is not
used it just confuses people.

Afterwards you should probably delete the now bogus project from
gitorious. (But only after you are _really_ sure the new one works!)

Cheers,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658