[Dune-devel] Google summer of code 2013 (Deadline March 29)

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Fri Mar 29 10:12:33 CET 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:59:48PM +0100, Christian Engwer wrote:
> I added two detailed descriptions and updated the page further. We
> still have some details to work through... Especially we currently
> have only two mentors for our projects... Markus and myself. Does it
> make sense in such a situation?

Actually we have 4 mentors (Oliver and Christoph volunteered
two). According to Google's faq one should have 2 mentors per student
and this make sense to assuming that mentoring takes about 10
hours/week. Therefore, if we are selected, then we could request at
most two student slot/projects.

@oliver @christoph: Do you agree that you are able to mentor for the
current projects? (@christoph: I will send you the list in a seperate
mail).

BTW: I think we do not have to distinguish between primary and
secondary mentors. Mentors with two names afterwards should be
perfectly fine.

Otherwise we can go for just one slot.

> I'm not able to finish my project descriptions tonight. @Markus: if
> you move the page to the wml-pages before I'm done, I'll update my
> part later tomorrow.

I will move them in the late afternoon and get back to you.

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658