[Dune-devel] Private write access for Andreas

Andreas Buhr andreas at andreasbuhr.de
Tue May 7 13:21:22 CEST 2013

Hi Markus,

I see your concerns. But I like the intended workflow very much.

> If we choose your suggested route, we will have  a lot of private
> branches eventually (one for every contributor). If each commit in these
> repositories triggers a commit email, it will be hard to follow the
> DUNE development of the main branches.

There are no commit mails for private branches, see
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/main-wiki/wiki/Repository_layout#General-layout

You can easily ignore my private branches, just like if they were in a
separate repository. ;-)

> Additionally, the repositories
> might blow up in size, maybe putting an extra burden of work (or even
> cost, if they are in the backup) on the institutions currently hosting
> the servers.

That's true, but since git branches are extremely lightweight, the
burden should be very small.

> Having said this, I am be no means against giving Andreas write access
> to the repository according to our already established guidelines.

Great :-)

Best Regards,
Andreas