[Dune-devel] Preparing a howto for contributors in times of git

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue May 7 18:44:20 CEST 2013

Hi,

given the current discussions about github/git, it seems like a good
time to establish  and writeup a howto for contributors to DUNE in
times of git.

I intend to writeup a howto for the GSoc students in the next few
days. This might serve as a guideline for others future contributors
and might clear up the mess I produce on the mailing list. I think
most of the points that Steffen brought up pro github can be
addressed and give him some time for his thesis.

GSoC is a good opportunity to test it for contributors' and core
developers' convenience and we will have a good base for a decision on
which route to pursue at the developer meeting.

BTW: where do I publish it? dune-intern?

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658