[Dune-devel] dune-istl umfpack support

Dominic Kempf dominic.r.kempf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 10:33:48 CEST 2013

Hey Christoph,
thanks for testing the branch. My system gave me memory with zeroes,
yours didnt... thats exactly where I need you.

I did a bit of measurements to compare superlu and umfpack, though not
on hard problems. In those tests umfpack was a bit faster and needed
less memory, within the same order of magnitude though. The original
reasons to implement umfpack support were conceptional difficulties
with superlu in multithreaded environment. Markus can elaborate more
on that (and whether umfpack actually solved the issue).

Best,
Dominic