[Dune-devel] [Dune-Commit] [Commit] dune-common - dde56b3: [CMake] Get rid of warnings related to CMP0019: skip include/link variable re-expansion

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Sep 4 10:20:09 CEST 2013

Hi Markus,
I tested it with ctest in dune-geometry in the default build directory
build-cmake and it worked. The same for a dumux test. Is it now broken
for you?

I would like to fix this issue and not fumble around with the policy
setting. Sure we can set CMP0019 to the old behavior but that will shift
our problem to the future.

According to [1] its not possible to define a version and set all future
policies to old:
"cmake_policy(VERSION major.minor[.patch[.tweak]])

Specify that the current CMake list file is written for the given
version of CMake. All policies introduced in the specified version or
earlier will be set to use NEW behavior. All policies introduced after
the specified version will be unset (unless variable
CMAKE_POLICY_DEFAULT_CMP<NNNN> sets a default). This effectively
requests behavior preferred as of a given CMake version and tells newer
CMake versions to warn about their new policies."

[1] http://cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.11/cmake.html#command:cmake_policy

--
Digital information lasts forever – or five years, whichever comes first.
-- Jeff Rothenberg, 1997