[Dune-devel] [GSoC] Keep documentation up to date

Miha Čančula miha at noughmad.eu
Thu Sep 12 09:48:21 CEST 2013

2013/9/11 Christian Engwer <christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de>

> Hi Miha,
>
> I had a look at your latest code and it looks nice.
>
> I have a small questions:
>   what is the m4/add-test.m4 supposed to do?

Thank you. This file is a remnant of a different approach I tried, and is
not used anymore. I will remove it.

> > Right now I'm writing an overview report of a single test run, to see
> which
> > tests run the longest, but from this on I'm not exactly sure what to do.
> > I've deviated considerably from the initial plan, but IMO it's best to
> > stick with it, and add upload functionality. If you have other
> priorities,
> > please tell me.
>
> Yes, I think this is the currently. I think we have reached the major
> milestone. We have a usable performance testing environment. THe next
> major step will be support for the remote infrastructure.
>
> I suggest to add an option to dump the collected results to txt file
> instead of the database, this way it will be possible to transfer the
> data using the existing infrastructure. Regarding the format search
> through my older mails and/or have a look at the dune-autobuild
> output. If you keep some things flexible, e.g. the exact location of
> the log files, it shouldn't be too difficult to adjust this to other
> systems aswell.

Yes, I will do that.

> Ciao
> Christian
>
> PS: I'm not up-to-date... will you manage to come to the DUNE meeting?

No, unfortunately not. I received my final confirmation this week that I'll
be giving a talk at a conference on microelecronics at the exact same time
(25-27 September).