[Dune-devel] [GSoC] Keep documentation up to date

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Thu Sep 12 11:18:18 CEST 2013

> Ok. But is basic HTTP authentication with a username (more like computer
> name, probably) and password enough, or is there need for private-key-based
> authentication? Because if you want the latter, ssh is probably the best
> way, even though it requires a bit more initial setup.

I think it is good to have both transport channels. If we have an
alternative http/usename/pwd channel, we can play with this and use it
for users from other locations.

One important question is what we do with the data on the receiver
side. Currently we create lockfile, dump everything in a special
directory, and create a trigger file. The actual DB-storage is done by
a different cron job, which handles all trigger files, removes the
data files and removes the lock.

If you prefere to dump the data to the database directly, you can add
this feature, but I'd like to have the opportunity to use your http
transport layer as a direct replacement for our current transport
layer. This means it should also be able to dump the data to
individual files.

Please describe your design idea and we can see how this fits to my
ideas :-)

Ciao