[Dune-devel] Update on the psurface

Xiaoxue Gong xiaoxue198912 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 06:29:41 CEST 2013

Hi!

Last week I was working polishing the psurface_convert code.
1)  Correcting the bugs that print "the option need a value/n" on terminal.
The message "the option need a value/n" shows up since I delete the "break"
commend by mistaken in the "switch-case" lines.

2)  Store the data in hdf5 in multidimensional array
X_1 Y_1 Z_1
X_2 Y_2 Z_2
X_3 ...
instead of
X_1
Y_1
Z_1
X_2
Y_2
Z_2
X_3

I have made changes in psurface_convert.cpp so that the 2-dimensional data
structure(like node coodinate, triangle index,etc) are stored in
multidimensional array in hdf5.

3) Install dune and compile it with  UG and psurface.
I ran into errors when trying to compile the psurface  library with dune
grid. Some of the errors is due to missing file in Makefile.am. Others are
caused by the header file vtuwritter.hh . I did no modified the
#ifndef DUNE_GRID_IO_FILE_VTK_VTUWRITER_HH
#define DUNE_GRID_IO_FILE_VTK_VTUWRITER_HH
in /psurface/vtuwritter so the I the vtuwritter.hh under
/dune/grid/file/io/vtk are not linked.

4) extends the read function in psufaceboundary.hh so it  can tell the
input file type and  read the PSurface object from hdf5.

Best,
Xiaoxue