[Dune-devel] ESA Summer of Code application (today!)

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Apr 15 18:57:52 CEST 2014

Hi Markus,
thanks for your corrections and improvements to the application. I
extended your answer about the space relevance and added the weekly
status report in the how-we-treat-students section.

> Fair enough, but maybe we should remove the GSoC one from our webpage.

You mean the one for 2014? Nobody will find it, its not linked. And the
one from GSoC 2013 is a good advertisement. I doubt the ESA takes the
time to compare idea pages. And in the wiki, it's difficult to find,
even for me :-)

Everybody else: Please proofread.
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/esa-socis-2014/wiki/Project_ideas
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/esa-socis-2014/wiki/Answers_for_the_application

I'll apply this evening,

... as Sir Cyril Hinshelwood has observed ...fluid dynamicists
were divided into hydraulic engineers who observed things that
could not be explained and mathematicians who explained things
that could not be observed.                 -- James Lighthill
CMWR 2014: 10th - 13th June 2014 in Stuttgart
         Please visit www.cmwr14.de