[Dune-devel] [GSOC 2014] To mailinglinglist or not?

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Mon Feb 17 10:42:57 CET 2014

Hi,

We have applied for Google summer of code again and on February 24 the
accepted organizations will be announced.
As some of you were disturbed by the sudden traffic on the mailinglist
after the announcement last year, I want to raise the discussion about
how we should communicate with the students.

What we could do, is to add a new mailinglist for the discussion with
and the presentation of aspiring GSOC students for DUNE. I guess this
was the time where most of the traffic happened. After students are
accepted I would prefer to communicate over the official developer
mailinglist.

I will set up doodle on Wednesday for this with the following options:
- no communication over official mailinglists
- all communication overofficial mailinglists
- seperate mailinglist for application period.

If you need more options for voting, please tell me so until tomorrow night.

Cheers,

Markus
--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658