[Dune-devel] Compatibility with CMake 2.8.6

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Jul 8 15:13:29 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 10:18:27AM +0200, Christoph GrĂ¼ninger wrote:
> we claim that Dune's CMake support is compatible with CMake 2.8.6.
> Yesterday I found out, that the OBJECT feature was introduced in
> 2.8.8. [1] I am wondering whether someone is testing that it really
> works with 2.8.6, because the OBJECT code is used in Dune 2.3.0 for
> creating libdunegrid. Would an alarm bell ring or some yell if a
> commit breaks the compatibility?

AFAIK we never pass OBJECT to add_library. It is detected by
dune_add_library which also contains a workaround to accomplish
something similar to object library. In this case it simply creates
global properties for the source files and linker flags for later
usage.

Definitely tested for 2.3.0 with cmake 2.8.6

> By the way, what distribution causes the need for compatibility?
> Some old Debian or RHEL? With backports or without?

I assume it was RHEL without anything.

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858