[Dune-devel] SOCIS 2014: build system issue

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 16:08:08 CEST 2014

Hi Christoph,

>you see the calls done by make in the output, right?

>> Therefore I suppose that there is some wrong flags in the makefile produced by dune.

>Then you can compare the calls from make and your manual calls.

As I said before I know what is the difference since I added manually the flag to fix the issue. The difference is the addition of the flag -Wl,--no-as-needed at the end of the linking command.
But I do not understand why I need this additional flag when using dune while without dune I need just the -pthread flag to have a correct linking (same compiler, same system).
This additional flag was a workaround to use thread with an older version of gcc due to a gcc bug (you can find it on the bugtracker of gcc)

Cheers
Marco.