[Dune-devel] Semantics of {ghost,overlap}Size

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jul 11 12:23:28 CEST 2014

Hi,

I would like to declare my interest to participate in such a meeting. I
will be present at the PDESoft on Wednesday and could come to the IWR on
Thursday or Friday.

Kind regards
Bernd

> Wow, a lot time has gone by without further action. It seems like many
> of the interested people will be at PDESoft in Heidelberg this month.
>
> Maybe we can seize the opportunity to hold a public informal meeting
> there around this theme. Maybe on the so-called coding days?
>
> Currently, it seems like there are even more issues coming up (at
> least judging from the list).
>
> Markus
>
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 08:55:06PM +0100, Martin Nolte wrote:
> >/  to be honest, I am not sure how much can be achieved with a single meeting.
> />/
> />/  The idea originated from the observation that the topic
> />/  "parallelism" was carefully avoided on the last "big" developer
> />/  meetings. It was my impression that on the one hand "only" around
> />/  50% of the core developers are interested in this feature, while on
> />/  the other hand there are some extremely interested users (e.g.,
> />/  Bernd who has provided substantial contributions to parallel UG).
> />/
> />/  I think such a smaller group focussing entirely on this topic might
> />/  achieve more progress. It goes without saying that the "real
> />/  decisions" must be made by a formal vote of all core developers.
> />/
> />/  If there is enough interest in such a meeting, I suggest to set up a
> />/  page on the user wiki, so that we can collect the topics we're
> />/  interested in. We then might be able to judge the size of this
> />/  thing. We can always shorten the list, if it becomes too large.
> />/  Given interest, I would be prepared to organize such a meeting in
> />/  (or near) Freiburg.
> />/
> />/  Best,
> />/
> />/  Martin
> />/
> />/
> />/
> />/  On 11/07/2013 08:22 PM, Peter Bastian wrote:
> />/  >Dear all,
> />/  >
> />/  >clearly this has not been completely thought to the end once upon atime.
> />/  >
> />/  >I see that you need a specification of overlap for codim 0 and codim dim.
> />/  >
> />/  >Codim dim (vertices) is needed for standard overlapping DD methods.
> />/  >I would define two vertices as connected if they are subentites of a common
> />/  >codim 0 entity. With that Graph defined the distance ist clear.
> />/  >Then of course the data decomposition is still with respect to codim 0
> />/  >entites
> />/  >
> />/  >likewise two codim 0 entites are connected if they share an intersection.
> />/  >
> />/  >I am not sure whether the "overlap size" has any real application. In the numerical
> />/  >methods it is usually not needed.
> [...]

Bernd Flemisch                         phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart             fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61            email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart            url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de