[Dune-devel] Compatibility with CMake 2.8.6

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Jun 29 10:18:27 CEST 2014

Hi Markus,
we claim that Dune's CMake support is compatible with CMake
2.8.6.
Yesterday I found out, that the OBJECT feature was introduced
in
2.8.8. [1] I am wondering whether someone is testing that it
really
works with 2.8.6, because the OBJECT code is used in Dune
2.3.0 for
creating libdunegrid. Would an alarm bell ring or some yell if
commit breaks the compatibility?

By the way, what distribution causes the need for
compatibility?
Some old Debian or RHEL? With backports or without?

[1] http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Tutorials/Object_Library

--
Das Kommt darauf an, in welchen Zeiträumen du
rechnest. Für Geologen: ja, in naher Zukunft