[Dune-devel] Mixing master and releases

Oliver Sander sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Mar 5 14:44:51 CET 2014

Hi Markus,
I appreciate the suggestion, but: the main argument put forward against
relaxing the versioning requirements of the git master modules was that
it would make things too complicated, with too many different combinations
to debug.  Isn't your suggestion similarly complicated, with more switches
and behavior changes depending on whether one uses cmake or autotools?
I think before telling people to switch on a magic flag to be able to
build certain nonstandard combinations of stable and master branches,
I may as well tell them to hack the dune.module files by hand.