[Dune-devel] Replace Dune C++11 by plain C++11

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Wed Mar 12 10:50:35 CET 2014

Hi Oli,

> > Regarding the decisions from Aachen: They seems to contradict
> > each other. We require GCC 4.4 or newer, but we maintain
> > compatibility code that is not needed by any compiler we
> > support - as far as we know.
> >

> I agree with Christoph here.  If we officially require gcc 4.4
> there is no need to keep stuff for older compilers around.

I think these are really two different questions.

a) we decided not to provide fallback implementations
b) the question whether to drop the namespace imports or not.

We can decide to do the second, but in my opinion (b) is not implied
by (a). The argument for !(b) was that it is not much effort for us
and it make life easier for users who experiment with unsupported
compilers. Thus these decision don't contradict.