[Dune-devel] Alberta-3.0.0 has just been released

Claus-Justus Heine Claus-Justus.Heine at IANS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Thu Mar 13 18:54:51 CET 2014

FYI, I have just "released"

alberta-3.0.0

where the quotes simply mean that I have removed the -rcXX suffix and
declared the current state the final release. Actually, Alberta has
been quite stable, over the recent years, so this is not a matter of
declaring unstable software as a release, but rather giving the
existing state the correct name.

This latest and greatest and probably more or less last official
ALBERTA release can be found at

http://www.mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de/fak8/ians/lehrstuhl/nmh/downloads/alberta/

http://www.mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de/fak8/ians/lehrstuhl/nmh/downloads/alberta/
http://www.alberta-fem.de/

I may take a little until the the tar-ball find its way to
alberta-fem.de.

When using ALBERTA on the planet Arrakis the configure switch

- --disable-fem-toolbox

may be of some interest, in order to speed up the compilation time.

There would be more to say concerning ALBERTA, but this would be waste
of time in this Dune context, as you are only using the hierarchical
mesh implementation of Alberta.

Unfortunately -- or maybe fortunately -- I had fired my last reply to
MB's enlightening message concerning Alberta's bug-density and his will
to contribute to Alberta's build system to him by personal email. The
relevant parts of my reply were the following:

>> If you really want to create Debian packages before the actual
>> release, I think there will be no problem in getting read access
>> to the svn repository.

Well, why not.

https://www.ians.uni-stuttgart.de/subversion/alberta/
r/o credentials are alberta/alberta

Link to the release-branch:
https://www.ians.uni-stuttgart.de/subversion/alberta/branches/alberta-3.0-release/

BTW, here is the snapshot-directory for nightly builds (that one really
was not hidden):

http://www.ians.uni-stuttgart.de/nmh/downloads/alberta/snapshots/v3/

Kind regards,

Claus-Justus Heine

- --
Dr. Claus-Justus Heine
Institut für Angewandte Analysis und Simulation
* Numerische Mathematik für Höchstleistungsrechner
Universität Stuttgart

Fon: +49 (0) 711 - 685 65558
Fax: +49 (0) 711 - 685 65507