[Dune-devel] [Dune-Commit] dune-istl: [buildsystem] Call check for Boost base.

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Nov 21 13:52:50 CET 2014

Hi Markus,
thanks for your comments.

>> +include(DuneBoost)
>>  find_package(BoostFusion)
>
> Maybe it is better to put the include into BoostFusion? You never know
> how people are using our tests outside of the DUNE context.

Sounds right. But on the other hand, after Dune 2.4 and the drop of
autotools compatibility, we might switch to CMake's test and retire our
own macros.

>> +  AC_REQUIRE([DUNE_BOOST_BASE])
>>    DUNE_BOOST_BASE(, [ DUNE_BOOST_FUSION ] , [] )
>
> Do we really require boost for dune-istl? I hope not! What happens
> without boost in this case?

No, you were tricked by macro name. AC_REQUIRE requires that
DUNE_BOOST_BASE is executed, but it does not require to find Boost.

Bye,

GDB does hate your application, expresses its contempt through the
design of its command-line interface.   -- Tom Tromey, FOSDEM 2014