[Dune-devel] CMake has become default buildsystem

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 24 11:39:19 CET 2014

Hi,

just FYI:

Am 24.11.2014 um 07:44 schrieb Christoph Grüninger <christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de>:

> Hi,
> the switch of the default build mode to CMake is done. As dune-web on
> Conan still hiccups, I haven't posted the announcement there.
>
> It feels great to achieve this milestone, almost three years after the
> first discussions. Thanks for all the help and support we received.

This morning, I fixed the problem with the website not rebuilding that Christoph reported last week.

Now the website fails for another reason: cmake has found its first victim! ;-) The website build system
(basically just a bunch of shell scripts calling dunecontrol and copying files around) isn’t compatible with
cmake (and its out-of-source) builds.

We’ll look into this later today (and probably just revert everything to build via autotools again as a stop-gap measure).

Steffen