[Dune-devel] stamp-regenerate-config-h ?

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Mon Nov 24 12:06:35 CET 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 04:16:42PM +0100, Oliver Sander wrote:
> Ping?
>
> Am 17.11.2014 um 07:24 schrieb Oliver Sander:
> > Thanks,
> > but why do I need such a button?  Why can't I simply remove config.h and
> > then call cmake to have it regenerated?  Markus?

Because it is a two step procedure:
- build-dir/config.h.cmake is generated from all config.h.cmake in the
  source directory of this module and all modules that we depend on.
- Then config.h is generated from that one.

The button is there for developers to test new changes in upstream
modules. A better alternative would be to explicitly state the
dependencies between the config.h.cmake files.

Markus