[Dune-devel] ALUGrid support

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Nov 24 13:56:59 CET 2014

Hi Andreas,
an additional Git tag will stay fixed. So we could use it in our scripts
or people can use it for building packages. Otherwise you cannot be sure
that some guy pushes a change to the branch. With the tag "2.3.0" you
that this very commit is *the* dune-ALUGrid 2.3.0. Otherwise we would be
forced to talk with the check sums Git uses.

You can look into the Dune user wiki to find out how to use Git, even
together with PGP signatures, if you want:
> http://users.dune-project.org/projects/main-wiki/wiki/Guides_release_manager

> Concerning the tar ball: if ypu think it is really necessary I guess I
> could upload on to the dune-user-wiki

Well, I use Git. But I know there are a lot of users who never think of
checking something out themselves. They use a tarball or don't use it at
all. It would be a pity, if ALUGrid would miss users because of not
providing tarballs.

> Can't say anything about CMake support for ALU though somebody else has
> to do that.

Last time I checked, it worked for me. So there was no complain from my
side.

GDB does hate your application, expresses its contempt through the
design of its command-line interface.   -- Tom Tromey, FOSDEM 2014