[Dune-devel] Random-Access Iterators

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Oct 1 17:18:45 CEST 2014

Am Wed,  1. Oct 2014, 16:22:48 +0200 schrieb Oliver Sander:
> I would really expect property b):
>
> > (b) you could also want to write
> >     gridView.begin() + gridView.indexSet().index( entity )
> >     to obtain an iterator to "entity"
>
> I think people will assume this implicitly, and get confused if it doesn't hold.
> On the other hand it cannot hold with mixed-element grids.  This for me is another
> point against random-access iterators.

Actually, poeple have been confused about this in the _past_ already.  That
is, we have had poeple expecting that iteration order == index order, and had
to correct them.  That is nothing new about random access iterators.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

Das Erststudium soll bis zum berufsqualifizierenden Abschluss
gebührenfrei bleiben, also bis zur Erlangung der Taxi-Lizenz.
-- Akrützel, Ausgabe vom 16.5.2002 (www.akruetzel.de)